North Carolina Tax Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Zack B. Starritt, et al. v. Dell Inc., et al.
- NCTaxSettlement.com is adminstered by Epiq Systems Inc.
- Class members must file claims by 4/2/18
Class members in the case claim that Dell Inc. violated North Carolina common law and the state’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Dell Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid the unknown cost associated with a possible lengthy trial.
Roger that but who is a class member in the North Carolina Settlement case?
According to the official court documents class members are defined as:
Read also: To fill in the Dollar Tree application on the internet and share my comments, read about www dollartreefeedback com customer survey
(a) who purchased from one or more of Respondents at least one Optional Maintenance Agreement, as defined in paragraph 1 above [in the Detailed Notice],
(b) whose ‘ship-to’ address for such purchase was a location in the State of North Carolina,
(c) who, from April 15, 1999 through December 31, 2008, paid any amount of money denominated as a ‘tax’ calculated in whole or in part on the charge for the purchase of such Optional Maintenance Agreement,
(d) who have not received a refund of such ‘tax’ money in connection with a return of the Dell-branded hardware and who were not eligible to receive a refund of such ‘tax’ money pursuant to North Carolina General Statutes 105-161.14, and
(e) whose purchase was governed by a contract containing a clause calling for arbitration administered by the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution.”
It is estimated that the settlement includes around 50,000 consumers and businesses in the state of North Carolina.
- Class members must provide the Dell Customer Claim Number and Password provided on the Short Form Notice in order to file a claim
- The Dell Customer Claim Number and Password provided on the Short Form Notice can be found on the notice sent via US Mail
- The case is pending review by CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution
Any questions in regards to the lawsuit can be directed to [email protected] or by mail at: Dell North Carolina Tax Settlement, Settlement Administrator – Epiq Systems Inc., P.O. Box 4079, Portland, OR 97208-4079.