CRT Class Action Settlement
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois entitled Illinois v. Hitachi Ltd., et al.,
- IllinoisCRTSettlement.com is administered by KCC Class Action Services
- Class members have until 7/12/18 to file a claim
Class members contend that Hitachi Ltd. conspiracy to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize prices of cathode ray tube (CRT) television sets causing Illinois consumers to pay more money when purchasing this type of TV. Hitachi Ltd. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a settlement in order to avoid the unknown cost associated with trial.Advertisement:
At this time only Hitachi Ltd. has agreed to settle. The non settling groups include Panasonic Corporation, Panasonic Corp. of North America and MT Picture Display Co. Ltd., and Toshiba Corporation, Toshiba America Inc., Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., and Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc.Advertisement:
Class members in Illinois v. Hitachi Ltd are defined as anyone in the state of Illinois who purchased a CRT TV or Monitor for personal use between the dates of 3/1/95 to 11/25/07. Please note the TV and or Monitor must have been purchased while living in the state of Illinois and businesses are allowed to file a claim.
- Experts close to the case predict class members will receive per TV and per monitor
- Since the CRT Settlement lawsuit is continuing against the non-settling defendants, there is a possibility that more money may become available in the future to class members 🙂
- A fairness hearing will take place on 12/13/17 to determine if the proposed settlement is fair and adequate
- Claim forms can be filed online or via US Mail
Any questions in regards to the Illinois CRT Settlement can be directed to 1-866-652-8226 or email [email protected] Class members looking to file claims via US Mail can send them to: CRT Illinois Claims, c/o KCC Class Action Services, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041.