CITGO TCPA Settlement
- Obtain all the gritty details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Matthew Gottlieb v. CITGO Petroleum Corporation which is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Palm Beach Division
- This class action lawsuit is listed as case number 9:16-cv-81911-RLR
- The deadline to file a claim is listed as 12/14/2017
CITGOTCPASettlement.com is administered by Epiq Systems Inc.. Class members in the case claim that CITGO violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending text messages to cell phones without the recipients’ prior express written consent. CITGO like all good class action defendants denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a trial that could cost more than the settlement pool. Speaking of settlement pool CITGO has agreed to create a 8 million dollar settlement in order to cover all class member who file timely claims.
Class members in the CITGO TCPA Settlement are defined as anyone who received a bothersome text message from CITGO in August, October and/or November 2018 (the text message would have been related to a sweepstakes or promotion that CITGO was running at the time). Experts close to the case believe that around 90,000 cell phone numbers of consumers who previously entered other CITGO-sponsored sweepstakes contests were affect by this settlement.
Read also: What do I need to complete the survey? Read about www dollartreefeedback com customer survey
- The CITGO class action settlement fund will be distributed on a pro rata basis which means the total amount of money any one class member will receive is based on how many people file valid claims (the more people who file claims the less money any one class member will receive)
- A fairness hearing will take place in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Palm Beach Division on 11/29/17
- Class members do not have to worry about attending the fairness hearing
CITGOTCPASetttlement.com who to contact with questions
- CITGO TCPA Settlement Administrator, c/o Epiq Systems Inc., P.O. Box 3967, Portland, OR 97208-3967